This easy, vegan, 30-minute cauliflower chickpea curry is perfect any night of the week for a healthy and delicious plant-based meal.
- 1 medium white onion, diced (1 cup, 200 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (15 g)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced (5 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (omit and use water for oil-free)
- 1 540 mL can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (approx. 2.5 cups)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots (approx. 4 carrots, 300 g)
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced (2 cups, 300 g)
- 1 small to medium-sized head cauliflower, stems and leaves removed, chopped into florets (500 g)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (28 g)
- 4 tbsp yellow or red curry paste (56 g)
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk (400 mL)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- up to 1 tsp chili flakes, to spice preference (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and curry paste and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add the chickpeas, carrots and red peppers stir until well coated.
- Pour in the can of coconut milk and half cup on water along with cauliflower florets. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Finish with salt and chili flakes for additional heat if you’d like. Remove from the heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve over a bed of rice and enjoy!
Storing: Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave until heated to your preference.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: cauliflower and chickpea curry, chickpea cauliflower curry