Hearty, satisfying, soft and chewy, these comforting cookies are just what you need for a wholesome treat. They’re oil-free, gluten-free, vegan and sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup. Enjoy these bright orange cookies!
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour, see notes
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flax eggs in a small bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the oats, oat flour, baking powder, salt and turmeric to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Mix in the flax egg, maple syrup, natural peanut butter and pure vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the carrots, walnuts and coconut until combined into a thick dough.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or give it a lightly spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 12 balls of dough on the baking pan and press each ball down into a cookie shape. Bake for 13-15 minutes until firm and golden brown.
Make the oat flour by blending or food processing oats, you’ll need a little more than 1/2 cup of rolled oats to make 1/2 cup of oat flour.
The peanut butter can be substituted with almond butter or sunflower seed butter as long as they’re fairly drippy and not too dry.
The walnuts can be substituted with chopped almonds or pecans.
Store cookies in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 204 calories
- Sugar: 5.7 grams
- Fat: 13.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 grams
- Fiber: 3.8 grams
- Protein: 4.8 grams
Keywords: carrot oatmeal cookies, carrot walnut cookies