- 2 cups rolled oats (200 g)
- 2 tbsp ground flax (14 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup lightly packed, finely grated carrot (115 g)
- 1.5 cups non-dairy milk of choice (335 mL)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (75 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (60 g)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces (30 g)
- 1/4 cup raisins (40 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the oats, flax and spices together in an 8-inch baking dish.
- Add the grated carrot and mix to distribute and break up any clumps.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Spread the mixture evenly in the dish. Option to sprinkle with shredded coconut any/or a bit of coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes then let cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Divide into 6 portions and enjoy as is or with your favourite toppings such as coconut yogurt and almond butter.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months. Suggested to portion into single-servings before freezing or freezing portions on a baking tray before transferring them to a container or freezer bag. Enjoy cold or reheat as needed in the microwave or oven until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 64 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: carrot cake baked oatmeal, carrot cake baked oats