- Add the onion, garlic and celery to a large soup pot with 2-3 tbsp vegetable broth.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes until softened and fragrant. If the pot dries out, add a few more splashes of broth.
- Add the curry powder and cumin, stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a light simmer.
- Lightly simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes until the butternut squash and lentils are tender.
- Carefully scoop out 2 cups of the soup and add to a blender. Puree until smooth the pour back into the pot.
- Enjoy right away or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to months.
Keywords: red lentil soup, healthy, easy, plant-based, wfpb, low-fat, oil-free