- 1 bunch swiss chard, finely chopped
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, finely chopped (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 2 crowns of broccoli, finely chopped and lightly steamed
- 2 cups cooked shelled edamame (or switch it up with 1 cup green peas and 1 cup edamame)
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional, adds spice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the swiss chard and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the juice of one lime. Use your hands to work the oil and lime into the chard.
- Add the minced garlic, lightly steamed broccoli and finely chopped cabbage to the bowl with the chard.
- Cook the edamame according to package instructions. Drain and add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the sesame seeds, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge up to 3 days.
Keywords: edamame salad, cabbage salad, light, vegetarian, high-protein, healthy