A refreshing quinoa salad with edamame, fresh veggies and sesame tamari dressing that’s quick and easy to make and perfect for a healthy side dish or light main meal.
For the Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup (170 g) rinsed quinoa
- 1 cup (170 g) shelled edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup (130 g) diced cucumber
- 1 cup (85 g) shredded carrot
- 2 cups (125 g) shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Sesame Dressing
- Cook Quinoa: In a medium pot, add quinoa and 1 ½ cups water. Season with salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 14 min, or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Set aside off heat, covered for 5 min, then fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool slightly before tossing salad.
- Prep Veggies and Edamame: While the quinoa is cooking, chop the veggies and prepare the edamame according to package instructions.
- Make Dressing: To a large bowl, add tamari, sesame oil, oil, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame seeds, ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk to combine.
- Assemble Salad: To the large bowl with dressing, add cooked quinoa, edamame, red pepper, cucumber, carrots, cabbage and green onions. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
Serves 4 as a main dish or 6 as a side dish. Store salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: edamame quinoa salad