This easy quinoa breakfast bowl makes a great alternative to oatmeal and great way to use up leftover quinoa. Top with your choice of fruit and enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt, optional
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
Cook from Scratch Method
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- For 5-minute breakfast quinoa, add the cooked quinoa and milk to a small saucepan with the vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup, if using. Stir over medium heat until heated through.
- If cooking breakfast quinoa, bring the milk and water to a light boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and maple syrup, if using, and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer lightly for 15 minutes then remove from the heat. Lift lift and fluff with a fork.
- To serve, scoop quinoa into a bowl and top with your choice of toppings.
Nutrition facts include 1 serving 5-minute breakfast quinoa with 1/2 sliced banana, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp almond butter and 1 tbsp hemp seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl with toppings
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 108 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 62 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: breakfast quinoa, quinoa breakfast bowls