- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g, use certified gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (sub stevia sugar-free oats)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 heaping tsp fresh lemon zest
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk of choice such as almond, cashew or oat
- Add all ingredients to a sealable jar or container. Mix well, making sure there are no remaining clumps.
- Place the container in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning it will be ready to enjoy.
To make these blueberry protein overnight oats, omit the maple syrup, add 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder and increase the liquid to 3/4 cup. You may need slightly more liquid based on the protein powder you use.
Use 2/3 cup liquid for porridge-consistency overnight oats, if you like your overnight oats thick and doughy, reduce the liquid to 1/2 cup.
For creamier oats, use 1/3 cup dairy-free yogurt and 1/3 cup plant-based milk instead of 2/3 cup plant-based milk.
Keywords: healthy, plant-based, blueberry overnight oats, easy