- 4 cups fresh blueberries (2 dry pints)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9” square baking dish or 9” pie plate with cooking spray.
- Toss blueberries with cornstarch and lemon juice and add to the baking dish.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and combine well.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over blueberries. It likes to clump up in the bowl so make sure to break it up as you add it to the dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the topping is browned and the berries begin to bubble around the edges.
- Let rest/cool for 15-20 minutes before serving, to allow time for thickening.
Frozen berries do not work well as they are too wet.
If you don’t have oat flour on hand, add 1/2 cup or 50 grams of oats to a blender and process into a fine flour. Oat flour may be subbed with wheat flour, spelt flour or a gluten-free flour blend.
Leftovers may be stored in a sealed container in the fridge up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Try any fresh berries such as strawberries, raspberries or blackberries. Peaches, apple and rhubarb also work. Try mixing and matching too – peach blueberry, strawberry blueberry and apple blueberry all work well.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 14.9 g
- Sodium: 3.7 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
Keywords: healthy blueberry crisp, vegan blueberry crisp