- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseeds+ 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or another sweetener of choice such as coconut sugar or for sugar-free pancakes, use stevia)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus another 1/4 cup if needed (batter should be quite thick but you should be able to scoop it into pancake shapes fairly easily)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (optional, helps fluff them up a bit)
- frozen blueberries
- Mix 1 tbsp of ground flax and 3 tbsp of warm water together in a small dish and set aside for a few minutes until it forms a gel.
- Mix the milk, vinegar, sweetener and flax egg and mix together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut and whole-wheat flour together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients and gently fold together until “just mixed”. If it’s a little lumpy, that’s perfect!
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Give it a light spray of non-stick cooking spray if needed.
- Once it’s heated, drop heaping 1/4 cup-sized portions of the batter onto the pan.
- Drop some blueberries onto each pancake as its cooking.
- Once a few bubbles start to appear and the sides of pancake look slightly browned and dry, carefully flip them.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
- Makes 6-8 pancakes to serve 2-3 people.
Keywords: coconut pancakes, vegan blueberry pancakes, easy, oil-free, fluffy