This easy chia seed jam is healthy, sugar-free and ready in less than 15 minutes, plus you only need 2 ingredients to make it, berries and chia seeds! Add the maple syrup for a sweeter jam, if you like.
- 2 cups frozen berries of choice (280 g of blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry or a mixture)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (24 g)
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup, optional for sweeter jam
- Add the frozen berries to a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thawed and juicy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the berries have thawed, use a fork or potato masher to mash to your desired consistency.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of chia seeds. If you’re using sweetener, add it now and adjust to taste. Turn the heat off and let the pot sit on the element for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Enjoy right away or transfer to a sealed container and store in the fridge. It will continue thickening in the fridge and will keep for up to 1 week.
Chia seed jam stores well in the fridge for up to 1 week. It can also be frozen in an ice cube tray then transfered to a freezer bag and stored for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge.
Keywords: chia jam, blueberry chia jam, chia seed jam