This easy chia seed jam is healthy, sugar-free and ready in less than 15 minutes, plus you only need 2 ingredients to make it, berries and chia seeds! Add the maple syrup for a sweeter jam, if you like.
- 2 cups frozen berries of choice (280 g of blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry or a mixture)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (24 g)
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup, optional for sweeter jam
- Heat Berries: Add the frozen berries to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thawed and juicy. About 5-7 minutes cooking time.
- Mash Berries: Once the berries have thawed, use a fork or potato masher to mash to your desired consistency.
- Add Chia Seeds: Stir in 2 tbsp of chia seeds. If you’re using sweetener, add it now and adjust to taste. If you’d like to add any other flavours like vanilla or lemon zest, add that now as well. Turn the heat off and let the pot sit on the element for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Store: Enjoy right away or transfer to a sealed container and store in the fridge. It will continue thickening in the fridge and will keep for up to 1 week.
Chia seed jam stores well in the fridge for up to 1 week. It can also be frozen in an ice cube tray then transfered to a freezer bag and stored for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge.
Keywords: chia jam, blueberry chia jam, chia seed jam