This blueberry chia jam is healthy, sugar-free and ready in just 10 minutes plus you only need 2 ingredients to make it, fruit and chia seeds! Or add the optional pure maple syrup for a sweeter, more traditional jam that’s still refined sugar-free.
- 2 cups frozen berries of choice such as blueberries, cherries, blackberries, raspberries or a mixture of berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- optional sweetener: 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup, or more to taste
- Add the frozen berries to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once the berries have thawed and are starting to break down, use a fork or potato masher to break them down further. This should take 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of chia seeds and very lightly simmer for a few more minutes. If you’re using sweetener, add it now and adjust taste. Turn the heat off and let sit on the element for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into a mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. It will continue to thicken in the fridge.
Keywords: chia jam, blueberry chia jam, sugar-free jam