- ⅓ cup mashed banana (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk (30 mL)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (35 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (30 g)
- Add everything but the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and stir until completely combined and any dry clumps have been broken up and mixed in.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray, then pour the batter into the mug.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips if you like and microwave on high for 90-120 seconds (time will depend on your microwave is) or until the edges look cooked, but the centre looks slightly underdone.
- Remove the mug from the microwave and let cool for 2-3 minutes before consuming.
If making in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 F. Add the batter to a small oven-safe mug or baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
For a lower-calorie mug cake, use applesauce instead of oil and a sugar-free sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 554
- Sodium: 324 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 88 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: banana mug cake, banana bread mug cake recipe