- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided (30 mL)
- 1 package (14 ounces) of firm or extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced (approx. 1 cup, 150 g)
- 1 lb of green beans, stems trimmed (454 g)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (400 g)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp of whole grain mustard or dijon mustard (15 g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Press the tofu in a clean kitchen towel or using a tofu press for 20-30 minutes to remove excess water. This step is optional but it gives more taste to the dish.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add 1 tbsp of olive and the tofu. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the tofu is browned on all sides.
- Remove the tofu from the saucepan and set it aside.
- In the same saucepan over medium-high heat, add the rest of the oil and the onion and green beans. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, stir the the balsamic vinegar, mustard, and garlic powder, to a small dish and mix well.
- Add the tofu and sauce to the pan and mix well to distribute the sauce.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, if needed, and enjoy!
This dish can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can be enjoyed on its own for a low-carb recipe or paired with rice, quinoa or sweet potato for a more substantial portion.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 114 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: balsamic tofu, meal prep tofu