These baked vegan crispy tofu nuggets are easy to make with simple ingredients and so delicious served with your favourite dipping sauce. The whole family will love these!
- 1 350 g package firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (45 mL)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola (15 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (8 g)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour (5 g)
- 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs (30 g) + more for coating
- Start by pressing the block of tofu to remove excess liquid. Use a tofu press or wrap the block in a dish towel or paper towels and place a heavy object on it for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add everything except for the chickpea flour and breadcrumbs to a food processor. Pulse a few times until fully combined. Do not over blend so it’s completely smooth, it should be well-mixed but still have some texture to it.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the breadcrumbs and the chickpea flour and mix well with a spoon until you have a mouldable consistency. If the mixture is too soft or falls apart, add some more bread crumbs as needed.
- Form nuggets with your hands and coat with the breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Place the nuggets in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy. For more crispiness, spray the nuggets with a little oil.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dip.
- Serving Size: 1 nugget
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 38 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.7 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
Keywords: tofu nuggets, baked tofu nuggets