- 1 medium-sized (120 g) ripe banana
- 1.5 cups (325 mL) unsweetened plant-based milk such as cashew or almond
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- 2 cups (200 g) rolled or large flake oats
- 2 servings (60 g) vanilla pea protein-based protein powder (Vega, NuZest, Orgain, etc.)
- 1 tbsp (7 g) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- 1.5 cups (160 g) fresh or frozen mixed berries or berry of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the banana to a 7-8 inch square baking dish and mash with a fork until it resembles a paste.
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add everything else, except for the berries and stir into a thick, uniform batter.
- Sprinkle the berries evenly over the top of the oatmeal. Gently press them in a bit with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing into bars.
- Enjoy warm with your favourite toppings or store for a ready-to-go breakfast or snack.
Serving Size: I cut these into 8 bars but if you’d like them a little bigger, 6 larger bars works too!
Toppings: Serve with a drizzle of your favourite nut butter, coconut yogurt, banana, walnuts or any other topping you desire.
Texture: Due to the protein powder, the bars have somewhat of a cakey texture. Just FYI!
Flavour: Be sure to use a milk and protein powder you enjoy as they will contribute to the final flavour of the bars.
Storing: Let cool them store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge or in the microwave. Bars can be enjoyed cold or reheated in the oven or microwave until heated to your preference.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 93 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 10 g
Keywords: baked protein oatmeal, baked berry protein oats