- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees.
- Core the apples if you have an apple corer. If not, go ahead and slice them into thin rounds using a sharp knife or mandolin slicer.
- Place the slices in a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Use your hands to mix so that each apple slice is coated. If you prefer, you can arrange them on the baking sheet and then sprinkle with cinnamon but I like mixing them in a bowl so they’re thoroughly and evenly coated on both sides. Optionally, you can skip this step and bake them without cinnamon. They’re delicious just like that too!
- Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour then remove from the oven and flip.
- Bake for another hour then turn the oven off and leave them in the oven until completely cooled.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: homemade apple chips, baked apple chips