- 1–5 evenly-sized sweet potatoes
- Turn oven on to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub each sweet potato to remove any dirt and debris.
- Slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise and place cut-side down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes until tender when you press on them and caramelized around the edges (they can go in the oven before it reaches 425 F). Cooking time will vary based on size of sweet potato.
- Enjoy as is or with savory toppings like beans, lentils, veggies, queso and salsa or sweet toppings like almond butter, banana, berries, coconut yogurt and granola.
- Leftovers can be frozen or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: baked sweet potato, baked sweet potato recipe, how long to bake sweet potatoes, how to bake sweet potatoes