Enjoy ginger tea for a soothing drink with healing properties. Ginger tea is delicious made with just fresh ginger root but you can also try optional add-ins such as lemon, sweetener and turmeric. This can also be prepared the night before or even steeped overnight in the fridge to enjoy as your morning hydrating drink.
- approximately 2 inches of fresh raw ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of water
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- optional add-ins: a pinch of turmeric and/or cinnamon, natural sweetener
Infusion Method for Ginger Tea
- Boil water in a kettle, let it settle then pour the just-boiled water into a mug with the peeled and sliced ginger and let sit for 5-10 minutes, or to taste. Strain the ginger pieces out. Add optional lemon, optional sweetener such as raw honey, whole leaf stevia powder or stevia extract, brown rice syrup, agave nectar or pure maple syrup and a pinch of turmeric.
Decoction Method for Ginger Tea
- Bring the ginger and water to a light boil stovetop and let boil for 15-10 minutes, covered. The longer it simmers, the stronger it will be.
- Remove from heat and add lemon, optional sweetener and a pinch of turmeric if you’d like.