Perfectly soft and chewy almond flour oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a crisp exterior and sweet, buttery flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (177˚C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dough.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined and no large sugar chunks remain. Beat in the flax “egg” and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Mix until the dough is uniform. Then, mix in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Chilling the dough helps prevent the cookies from overspreading.
- Roll the dough into ~2 tbsp balls and place at least 2 inches apart on the first baking sheet. Place the first baking sheet in the oven and bake at 350˚F (177˚C) for 13-15 minutes, until the cookies are a nice golden brown. While the cookies bake, you can roll the dough for the second baking sheet.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. The cookies will finish up baking as they sit. You can also start baking your other tray of cookies in the meantime.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 126 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: almond flour oatmeal cookies