- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (120 g)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (140 g)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (150 g)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking tray.
- Mix the ingredients together in a mixing bowl until they form a dough. The dough will be very sticky, that’s ok. If it seems to dry, add a bit more nut butter, if it seems to wet, add a bit more oats, we’re looking for a sticky cookie dough consistency.
- Use wet hands to drop the dough into 9 equal-sized cookies on the baking sheet. I left them in little mounds but you can press them down a bit if you like.
- Bake for 15 minutes then allow to cool before handling.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can sub tahini, almond butter or peanut butter for the sunflower seed butter as long as it’s fairly drippy and not too dry.
Keywords: oil-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, healthy, quick