I typically use a blender in my kitchen twice a day, at the minimum, so I need a blender that’s easy to use, and most importantly, easy to clean. If I could have a blender that matches those two criteria and look good doing it, sold!
I was recently contacted by KitchenAid Canada to review their new Diamond Blender. Since it’s been in my kitchen for the last few weeks, it’s been used for soup, salad dressing, smoothies and a number of sauces. You can check out my review of the blender below, but before you do, here’s two delicious and simple, vegan smoothie recipes. Made in the KitchenAid Diamond Blender of course!
About the KitchenAid Diamond Blender:
The KitchenAid Diamond Blender, with exclusive diamond blending system, provides the ultimate blending performance to stir, chop, mix, puree and liquify, with pulse 1-5 settings and crush ice mode. A robust motor, unique one-piece, BPA-Free diamond pitcher, stainless steel blades and electronic controls combine to create a powerful vortex that is fast and thorough for exceptional blending results. Additionally, Intelli-Speed® Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients. Retails for $199.
Positive Thoughts on the Diamond Blender:
- Looks great on the counter top and comes in wide range of beautiful colours such as Boysenberry, Crystal Blue, Empire Red and Pink. So important right?!
- Crushes ice in just seconds, which is awesome for smoothies and margaritas!
- Has a huge 60-oz. pitcher that can go in the dishwasher and is shatter-, scratch- and stain-resistant
- The pitcher and blade are one piece, making for an easy clean-up
- Awesome soft-start feature starts the motor at a slower speed to pull food down into the blade, then increases quickly to the selected speed setting.
- Intelli-Speed motor control that maintains optimal speed to blend all the ingredients
- The front panel and buttons are easy to wipe clean
- Five blending settings—stir, chop, mix, puree, and liquefy, with the option to pulse for even blending
- It feels solid and durable
- It has rubber feet and a solid base so it’s not going anywhere while you’re blending
- The rubber lid creates a solid seal so there’s no change of spattering or spillage, yet it’s easy to remove and wash
Room to Improve:
The pitcher can be a little tricky to remove from the base. I found the best way to unlock it is to lean forward so the base of the blender is pressed against you, then hold onto the back of the pitcher with one hand and the handle with the other, and slowly twist. You definitely can’t unlock it with one hand.
Luckily, the pitcher is diamond shaped so it’s easy to get a good grip. I don’t think this is too big of deal, but just so you’re aware. I couldn’t figure it out at first and had to get my husband to unlock it. Once I did it a few times, it was no problem. Just be careful if it’s full to the brim with soup!
Overall, I think it’s a solid, durable blender that would last for years. I would recommend it and I think it’s worth the $199 price point.
The KitchenAid Diamond Blender giveaway will be running until October 13th. Follow the steps below to enter. There are numerous ways to enter and you can enter more than once. The winner will be contacted by email. This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided one KitchenAid Diamond Blender to review and one to giveaway. Opinions are my own.