I’ve been trying to figure out a recipe for whole wheat fluffy vegan pancakes for a while now and finally I found some serious pancake success! YES!
I’ve never been much of a pancake fan but lately I’ve been loving a plate of them on Sunday mornings. They’re just so comforting, aren’t they? My favourite part is probably the toppings though, the pancakes are really just a way to transport toppings from the plate to my belly.
This recipe only takes a few minutes to whip up with simple, everyday ingredients and is super easy to make. Not to mention they’re incredibly filling and today they kept me going all through my Sunday morning errands. These might be the easiest, yummiest fluffy vegan pancakes around and they are now my go-to recipe.
Whole Wheat Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- so easy and ready in minutes
- minimal ingredients
- incredibly fluffy
- double or triple for a family sized batch
- customize by adding fruit or chocolate chips
- no refined sugar
- add your favourite healthy toppings
Weekend Dreaming Already…
Meet your new go-to pancake recipe, whether you’re vegan or not! Just read through the comment section for the proof. Peeps are loving this simple, yummy pancake recipe.
Now the big question, what are you favourite pancake toppings?? Leave your topping ideas in the comment section below!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour works too)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (water also works)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, I sometimes use stevia)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk and maple syrup and stir until "just mixed."
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. (Optional, but I found they come out fluffier this way.)
- Cook in ¼-1/2 cup portions in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat.
- Once there are a few bubbles in the middle, flip and cook for a few more minutes on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out my other pancake recipes!
- Fluffy Protein Pancakes – Only 4 ingredients
- Coconut Blueberry Vegan Pancakes – Easy, fluffy, delicious coconut berry flavour
- Chia Seed Pancakes – A reader favourite
- Vegan Berry Banana Pancakes – For banana and berry lovers! Easy and so yummy
If you guys enjoy this recipe, please be sure to share it via your favourite social media network below and tag me @runningonrealfood!