Vegan chocolate peanut butter cups that taste like Reese Peanut Butter Cups?? Sign me up.
If you’re a Reese Peanut Butter Cup lover like me, you’re going to love this simple vegan version of the chocolate favourite!
You only need a few ingredients to make these and they’ll be ready before you know it. I’ve made two batches now, just to be sure, and I can say for certain that they’re totally delicious and very easy to make!
Nutritional Yeast in Dessert??
I highly recommend using the nutritional yeast in this recipe, although it’s not a necessary ingredient. It gives the peanut butter an awesome salty flavour and creamy texture. You can purchase nutritional yeast at most major grocery stores and it can definitely be found at health food stores, or you can purchase here on Amazon.
Why Nutritional Yeast?
I’ve used it for everything from pasta, to popcorn, to ‘gravy’ and cheese sauces and basically anywhere else you would use cheese. It’s often fortified with vitamin B12, which is handy for vegans, plus it’s high in complete protein, fibre, riboflavin and iron.
I always have a package on hand in the cupboard and sprinkle it on many meals. It makes an awesome vegan parmesan with ground almonds! Alright, I digress, back to these vegan chocolate peanut butter cups!
Try them as Mini Peanut Butter Cups!
The cups I used are fairly large, you may want to try using 24 mini cups instead. I could only find the large muffin cups when I went to pick them up but if you have smaller ones that should work find too. I used paper cups but silicone baking cups work best.
These are very decadent so you may want to cut them in half but trust me, that’s not easy to do! I’ve done it a few times and just gone back and ate the second half anyways. I think the mini cups might be a much better idea, especially since a batch of 12 went way, way, way too fast in my house. And yes, there’s only 2 of us…here’s why..
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- super easy to make
- sweet and salty
- taste just like Reese’s
- crunchy chocolate with smooth peanut butter
- no refined sugar
- no baking required
- no fancy ingredients needed
- ready to eat in no time!
- did I mention peanut butter + chocolate??
The Hardest Part is the Wait!
There is a little bit of waiting involved in making these but other than that they’re very easy to make. The chocolate sets in a matter of minutes but the peanut butter does take a little longer to harden up.
They’re actually amazing to eat while the peanut butter is still soft, and fortunately the chocolate sets so quick that you can pull one out before the peanut butter freezes and then they’re both melted and crunchy and amazing!
Store them in the freezer though because the chocolate does melt quickly at room temperature.
Here ya go, vegan chocolate peanut butter cups for all you peanut butter + chocolate lovers out there, which I hope is everyone because it’s the best combo ever! Enjoy!Print
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
These simple and delicious chocolate peanut butter cups are sure to satisfy any chocolate-lovers craving! They’re sweet and salty and a cinch to make! Store them in the freezer for a quick snack anytime of day.
- Cuisine: Vegan, Dessert
- Mix together the first set of melted coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Spoon about 1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp into the bottom of muffin cups, it should make 12 large cups.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the ingredients for the peanut butter filling in a bowl. Mix well until it’s smooth and the nutritional yeast is mixed in completely.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and spoon the peanut butter filling into each cup. It should be about 1 heaping tbsp/cup.
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until hardened.
- While the peanut butter is setting, mix together the second set of chocolate ingredients. Once the peanut butter cups are ready, spoon the mixed chocolate ingredients over top of the peanut butter.
- Place back in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Store in the freezer in an air-tight container. Makes 12 large cups.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Vegan chocolate peanut butter cups for all you peanut butter + chocolate lovers out there! Super easy to make!” quote=”Vegan chocolate peanut butter cups for all you peanut butter + chocolate lovers out there! Super easy to make!”]