A delicious, vegan spinach hazelnut pesto is perfect as a spread for sandwiches or wraps, pasta sauce or a dip for raw veggies or crackers. All you need to make it is olive oil, basil, spinach, hazelnuts, garlic and sea salt.
Pesto on Everything, All the Time
I’ve only been blogging for 1 month now and this is the second pesto recipe I’m posting. Did I mention I love pesto? I think this might be one of my favourites I’ve made at home. The sweetness of the hazelnuts perfectly complements the bite of the garlic and earthiness of the basil.
Tonight we ate this delicious sauce over a plate of pasta packed with spinach, broccoli and zucchini. There will be at least one less dish to do tonight, I already licked the bowl.
Spinach Hazelnut Pesto
A delicious, vegan pesto perfect as a spread for sandwiches or wraps, pasta sauce or a dip for raw veggies or crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces of fresh basil
- 2 ounces of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to blender or food proccessor, except for the extra 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Blend on high until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Continue to blend and slowly pour in extra olive oil until you reach desired consistency. Add the sea salt to taste.