I like to make a batch of this on the weekend and store it in the fridge for an easy weekday snack with raw veggies. Roasting the garlic before hand makes for a beautiful nutty and sweet flavour that compliments the lemon and tahini perfectly. Chop up a big plate of raw mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and peppers for a healthy, protein-packed snack anytime of day.Print
Roasted Garlic Hummus
This easy hummus recipe packs an extra flavour punch from the roasted garlic. Once the garlic is roasted, it comes together in just a few minutes and makes a great dip for raw veggies or healthy crackers.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed well
- 1 head of organic garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic so the cloves are slightly exposed. Drizzle with a little olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and wrap with foil. Roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Once it’s roasted, slide the cloves out of the peel and into a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add all other ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high until completely mixed and smooth.
- Store in refridgerator in an air-tight container.