Yep, this is the third zoodle recipe I’ve posted in less than 2 weeks. What can I say, I love zoodles! Or rather, I love pasta..lol, but I don’t really love how it makes me feel but zoodles are close enough and this Creamy Roasted Asparagus and Zoodle Pasta Salad is just da. bomb….diggity-bomb.
While I’m in macro-land right now, oodles of zoodles are life and no complaints because I love eating all the plants I can get my hands on!
I’ve really been loving peas and edamame lately too, so in they went. I’m also a big fan of all things asparagus and love all the vitamins and minerals it provides, so in it went too!
Dressing-wise, we’ve got tahini (big time vegan staple – grab some on Amazon), nutritional yeast (my favourite – get some here!), garlic, lemon and apple cider vinegar for an extra tangy and fresh as can be creamy finish to this healthy pasta salad.
Best part of this creamy, tangy salad is…17 grams of plant-based protein per delicous serving! Plant protein winner right here! All that goodness for only 205 calories with 21 grams of carbs and 7 grams of fat too! Plus it’s so yummy, you won’t even miss the real pasta!
It’s full of flavour, has great texture and a creamy, healthy dressing made with wholesome ingredients. You can really dig into this dish and if you’re extra hungry feel free to go for a double-serving without blinking an eye. MMMMMM.
Treat ‘yo self to a spiralizer and get zoodling!!
- 4 (1000 g) medium zucchini, cut with spiral slicer
- 1 lb (350 g after you cut ends off) asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into peices
- 1 cup (170 g) green peas
- 1 cup (170) shelled edamame
- For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp (25 g) tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (15 g) nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- pinch of stevia, or small amount of sweetener of choice
- 1-2 tbsp water, if needed to adjust consistency
- Place your zucchini noodles in a colander and sprinkle with salt, shake so all the noodles are covered. Let sit for 10 minutes. (Do not skip this step or you'll end up with a soggy salad, and nobody likes soggy salad!)
- While the zucchini is "sweating", add the asparagus pieces to a roasting pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lift the zoodles out of the colander and place in a dishtowel, wrapping them up to to form a ball. Twist and squeeze to remove any excess water.
- Add to a bowl with the green peas, edamame and roasted asparagus.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. If needed add a little water in order to blend but not too much, the dressing should be quite thick.
- Add the dressing to the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Top with fresh cracked black pepper and serve.