These little no-bake coconut protein bites were the result of a weekend of food prep neglect. The weekend flew by and all of a sudden Sunday evening arrived. I needed something quick and easy to grab for snacks for the next few days. As a result, no-bake coconut protein bites were born!
I almost always use nuts in my energy ball recipes, but today I went with a nut-free version and used hemp seeds instead. I know some of you have nut allergies, so this nut-free snack recipe is for you! Well, it’s for anyone because they are yum, yum, yum!
I love these coconut protein bites as an early morning pre-workout snack. The easier I can make 5 am, the better. So popping a few of these on my way out the door works perfectly.
I love no-bake bite recipes. They’re so quick to make and are easily customizable. If you keep a well-stocked pantry, you’ll always be jsut a few minutes away from yummy and healthy snacks!
Ingredients for No-Bake Bite Recipes
- medjool dates – natural sweetener and base
- hemp seeds – healthy fats, creamy texture
- nuts – protein, fats, binding
- dried fruit – natural energy
- shredded coconut – binding, yummy coconut flavour
- protein powder – boost the protein content
- nut butters – try peanut, almond or cashew
- tahini – high in iron, delicious flavour, nut-free
- chia seeds – loads of antioxidants and vitamins
- flavour extracts like vanilla or peppermint – fun flavour combos!
- ground coffee – caffeine-boost and coffee flavour
- cocoa powder – perfect for brownie bites
- chocolate chips – because, chocolate
- maple syrup or agave – natural sweeteners
- stevia – natural sweetener
Basic No-Bake Bite Recipe
My favourite basic no-bake bite recipe is 1 cup of medjool dates blended with 1 cup of nuts of choice. I usually use almonds or cashews.
From there, you can add cocoa powder to make them brownie bites. I’ll usually add some peanut butter or almond butter too. I often just start with a base of medjool dates and keep adding ingredients until I reach a flavour and consistency that I’m happy with.
Feel free to experiment and see what you can come up with!
I use my Ninja blender for making all my bite recipes. For the price point, I think it offers great value and I use it to make everything from no-bake energy balls to nut butters, soups, smoothies, hummus and more!
Coconut Protein Bites – Perfect Pre-Workout
I’m often asked what can you eat before and after workouts if you’re vegan and honestly, simple, whole foods make a great choice! These coconut protein bites make a great snack for both before and after workouts.
I’d recommend a serving size of 2 for a yummy plant-based energy boost whenever you need it! If you don’t have a workout on the horizon, wiht a great balance of protein, fats and carbohydrates, they still make a great snack anytime. Skip the vending machine, keep a few of these on hand and you’ll not only enjoy a sweet treat but a natural boost in energy from these healthy ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll into balls.
- Makes 12 balls. Store in the refrigerator.
How easy is that?! Mix it, roll it, eat it!
What are you favourite ingredients for no-bake bite recipes? Comment below!
Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram @runningonrealfood. I’m also on Snapchat: derynmac, add me for on-the-go recipe snaps. If you enjoyed this recipe post, take a sec to Tweet, Share or Pin it below!