No-Bake Chocolate Chia Energy Bars
- Author: Deryn Macey
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 14 bars
- 1 ½ cups packed, pitted dates (350 g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa (35 g)
- 1/2 cup whole chia seeds (75 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut(45 g)
- 1 cup walnut pieces (125 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (70 g)
- 1/2 cup oats (50 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract. optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- Place dates in blender or food processor and purée until they form a thick paste forms.
- Add the walnuts and mix to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Firmly press the mixture into the pan, pressing tightly into all corners.
- Place in the freezer for at least a few hours up to overnight.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 14 bars.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 234 calories
- Sugar: 17 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g