I haven’t shared much from our recent trip to Mexico yet, so I posted a few pics at the end of the post for ya. We stayed at the beautiful Barcelo resort 30 minutes south of Playa del Carmen in the Mayan Riviera and we had a blast! I love Mexico, the heat, the food, the amazing beaches and local culture but I was looking forward to coming home at the end our our trip and getting back to my healthy routines. Too many sugary drinks and big meals for me! I tried to keep it healthy but those damn buffets really get ya! I kept it vegetarian but I did eat some yogourt and cheese throughout the week. I loaded up on tons of fresh fruit and tried to eat a salad everyday, but I also ate a lot of sweets and fried foods. And probably more guacamole and fresh salsa than any one person should ever eat.
We were in Mexico up until Wednesday when we spent the evening travelling home, boo 🙁 As wonderful as our trip was I was really looking forward to getting back to healthy meals and my regular workouts. I went straight back to work on Thursday and I really wanted to get in a good, sweaty workout in that day, so I did the We Love Hills! Treadmill workout and that did the trick. On Friday I did the More Core Please! Workout and Saturday was a Power Yoga class. I didn’t do much of anything today besides walk the dogs, watch The Walking Dead and browse vegan blogs while watching The Grammys.
Now onto plans for the upcoming week, I am loving this new BC stat holiday! No work tomorrow means extra time for planning some yummy, healthy, vegan meals and workouts for the week. I’m ready for a super healthy, productive week after beers at the hockey game last night and Thai Food take-out today (Yum.) Plans for tomorrow include a long, morning walk with my husband and the dogs, photography and Soy Americano Mistos included. Then it’s onto an 11 km run, something healthy and wholesome for breakfast, grocery shopping, preparing something awesome for lunch and dinner and then sharing that something awesome with you, and if there’s anytime after that, relax-ay-sheon.
Workout Plans for the Week
Daily Yoga Practice in the AM
- I’ve been pretty inconsistent in my practice lately, mostly because there is limited room in our apartment for more advanced poses. Excuses, I know! It’s all good if I stay within the confines of my mat, but I need more room. I’ll have to move our coffee table aside every evening so I have the room for a practice worry-free of bumping couches, TVs and cabinets. I have used myyogaonline.com in the past and I think I’m going to re-start my membership. It’s really good, for only $10/month you get access to hundreds of yoga classes for all levels and lengths that you can follow at home. I don’t have time to go to yoga classes in the morning so it’s a great option for me.
11 km Run + 1 Hill Workout + 1 Speed Workout + Plan 1/2 Marathon Training
- I’ll be running 11 km tomorrow morning and I have 1 mile repeats planned for Wednesday and a hill workout for Friday. Stay tuned for the workouts! I also need to sit down and plan out my training leading up to the 1/2 in June. I’d like to make it there speedy and injury-free and I know I need a solid plan for that!
Power Yoga Class Next Saturday (My Fave) + Active Rest Day on Sunday
Strength Training on Tuesday and Thursday
- I’m not sure what the plan is yet for these workouts. I have been wanting to try a EMOM workout though, for examples 10 burpees or 5 pushups and 10 box jumps every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. I’ll post about how that goes later this week. Other than that I should probably do a heavy deadlift and squat workout, it’s been a while!
So my week should look something like this:
- Monday: Yoga in the AM, walk the dogs, 11km run
- Tuesday: Yoga in the AM, Squats, Deadlift and Core Workout
- Wednesday: Yoga in the AM, Speed Workout: 1 Mile Repeats
- Thursday: Yoga in the AM, Every Minute on the Minute Workout and some upper body strength-training
- Friday: Yoga in the AM, Hill Workout on the Treadmill
- Saturday: Power Yoga Class
- Sunday: Active Rest, Walk/Yoga Etc.
Groceries and Meal Planning
A few meals and treats I have planned for this week are Raw Yam Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce, Chickpea Broccoli Salad with Edamame and Red Cabbage, Raw Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Kale Pesto, Raw Peanut Butter Energy Bites, Pomegranate and Pear Salad and Homemade Grain-Free Granola. Ya, I’m pretty excited about all that! My goals this week for nutrition are to make all meals at home, drink at least 3 L of water everyday, try some new recipes and to cut out snacking after dinner!
Okay, I really need to get to bed. So nighty-night! Time to go snuggle with two puppies, they’re allowed in the bed for cuddles tonight. Have a super awesome Monday tomorrow and remember, fail to plan or plan to fail! Have you set some goals for the week?