Double Chocolate Raw Vegan Brownies
- Author: Deryn Macey
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8-16 depending on size
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- 1.5 cup (190 g) walnuts
- 2.5 cups (425 g) pitted dates, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup (35 g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt (if you want a salted brownie flavour go for the full 1 tsp , if not, use 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (85 g) dairy-free chocolate chunks, chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Add the walnuts to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse a few times to break down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate and process until it forms a thick dough.
- Add the chocolate and pulse a few times to break down and bit and mix into the dough.
- Line a loaf pan with saran wrap, parchment paper or wax paper. Firmly press the dough into the pan, taking a few minutes to work it into every corner and smooth it out.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours or the freezer for about an hour. Lift and cut into 8 large brownies or 16 smaller brownie bites.