On Friday when I got home from work, I was ravenous as per usual. I started out making a little snack and eventually it morphed into these delicious bars! I’m finally getting around to posting them for you after a fabulous stagette weekend in Whistler with some of the best people I know. We had a lovely Saturday at the Scandinavian Spa, followed by photo booth fun in our hotel room and finally dinner, drinks and dancing. It was so good for the soul to laugh and reminisce with old friends and I can’t wait to see them again next weekend for the actual wedding!
Check out some of the photos I edited from our homemade photobooth! It was a fantastic idea by one of my uber-crafty friends and the pictures we got are priceless. Aren’t they adorable?!
Okay, on to these bars I was speaking about! Coconut + chocolate = a match made in heaven! Don’t you agree? Not to mention you only need a few ingredients to make these bad boys. You just have to have a little patience while they set in the freezer but if you whip them up pre-dinner they’re be ready to eat by the time you’re done your meal!Print
Chocolate Ganache Coconut Bars
These easy-to-make bars are wonderful to have on hand in the freezer for a delicious and satisfying sweet treat!
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw
- Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup, packed soft dates
- 2 cups fine unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Ganache Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix the ingredients for the bar in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Once well mixed, press the dough into a 7 x 7 inch pan lined with wax paper.
- Place in the freezer.
- Mix the ingredients for the ganache in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over top of the dough.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours, the chocolate should be hardened.
- Remove from pan and let thaw for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into small pieces and serve. (These are very rich so I recommend cutting them quite small)
- Store in the freezer in a sealed container and thaw 10 minutes before serving.
Tomorrow it’s on to week #2 of Soldier of Steel. I’m pumped!! I’m so ready for this week of workouts, even though a few of them are a little scary! Oh, and I forgot the 300 second dead hang on Saturday so I’ll have to tack it on to tomorrows workout. It will probably take me more like 10 minutes to finish it because I can barely hold on 10 seconds at a time!!
What are you fitness plans this week?
Do you have any nutrition goals you’ve set for the week?
Let’s have a fantastic week everyone!