Chickpea Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Author: Deryn Macey
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 4 medium zucchini, cut in half, seeds scooped out
- 1/4 cup (15 g) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta sauce of choice
- 1 19 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cut zucchinis on a baking pan.
- Pulse the chickpeas a few times in a food processor or blender so they’re mostly broken down
- Place in a bowl and mix in the sauce and nutritional yeast.
- Divide the mixture amongst the 8 hollowed-out zucchinis.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the zucchinis are tender and the mixture is browned.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 3.2 grams
- Fat: 1.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 grams
- Fiber: 5.8 grams
- Protein: 7.8 grams