When I found organic banana chips on sale at my local natural food store, I knew they were destined to come home with me and be the perfect addition to these 3-ingredient vegan banana nut bars. The soft and chewy, naturally sweet bars have crunchy banana bits throughout making for a delicous flavour and texture combo. Plus you only need 3 wholesome ingredients and a few minutes to make them.
You’ve got a few ingredient option for making these bars. I made them with raw cashews but almonds, pecans or walnuts would also be delicious. You could also use dates as an alternative to raisins. Hmmm, what to choose?
Raisins or Dates for No-Bake Bars?
You can use either raisins or dates as the base of these no-bake bars. I love both. Raisins have stronger, richer flavour than dates and I think they pair really well with cashew and banana however fresh, soft dates are also delicious. You could also do a combination of the two for even more depth of flavour!
I find raisins create a much sticker “dough” than dates do so it’s a little more work to press them into the pan but the end result is delicious. Raisins also take a little bit more processing than dates but it’s no big deal, just let them run in your food processor a little longer so they’re fully broken down creating the sticky, doughy base to hold everything together.
If you have a hard time finding fresh dates where you live or are looking for a less expensive option, raisins make a great alternative for all your no-bake bar and ball recipes. You can usually use raisins and dates interchangeably in these types of recipes.
No-Bake Raisin Recipes
Ok, let’s move on to todays to-die-for vegan creation: banana nut bars! Just 3 ingredients, a few minutes in the food processor, a little pressing, a little patience and you’re good to go!
3-Ingredient Vegan Banana Nut Bars
- amazing soft and chewy texture with crunchy bits throughout
- no-baking needed
- 3 main ingredients: banana chips, raisins and cashews
- 2 flavour enhancers: cinnamon and sea salt
- prep them in just a few minutes
- yummy treat for the whole family
- egg and dairy-free
- great pre-workout natural energy booster
- try them chopped up and used as a topping for smoothie bowls
- chop up and use as cookie dough peices in a banana ice cream blizzard
Banana Nut Bars
These delicious, crunchy yet soft and chewy bars only require 3 wholesome ingredients. They’re awesome for a pre-workout snack, healthy dessert or chopped up and used as a topping for banana ice cream or smoothie bowls!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 12
- Category: Snack, Breakfast, Dessert
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Press into a wax or pachment-paper lined square baking pan. Alternatively, the dough can be rolled into balls.
- Place in the fridge for at least a few hours.
- Lift out and cut into 12 bars.
If you enjoy this recipe, please take a moment to share it via social media below! And don’t forget to tag me @runningonrealfood if you post it on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
[clickToTweet tweet=”You only need 3 wholesome ingredients to make these to-die-for crunchy yet soft and chewy bars.” quote=”You only need 3 wholesome ingredients to make these to-die-for crunchy yet soft and chewy bars.”]